In view of the direction of the Honorable Supreme Court, ragging in any form is prohibited. The institute considers ragging as a cognizable offense. The Institute may, depending on the nature and gravity of the guilt established award, to those found guilty, one or more of the following punishments, namely
- Suspension from attending classes and academic privileges.
- Withholding/ withdrawing scholarship/ fellowship and other benefits.
- Debarring from appearing in any test/ examination or other evaluation processes.
- Withholding results.
- Debarring from representing the institution in any regional, national or international meet, tournament, youth festival, etc.
- Suspension/ expulsion from the hostel.
- Cancellation of admission.
- Rustication from the institution for period ranging from one to four semesters.
- Expulsion from the institution and consequent debarring from admission to any other institution for a specified period.
- Provided that where the persons committing or abetting the act of ragging are not identified, the institution shall resort to collective punishment.